From my feedback from last week, I learned that my map needed to feel more related to my subject matter. In this first image I tried to do that using the old movie count down clocks on top of the top ten countries. However, this idea didn’t come out as clear as I hoped, so I then moved on to trying to create the map I made last week with film reels instead.
For my first prototype the idea is to have multiple popcorn bowls representing different countries. The number of hands will be higher for countries with more people that attend the cinema.
For this prototype I used a photo I took of a theater and colored the photos to represent different countries. The more chairs, the higher the number of people who attend the cinema in that country.
This week the focus for my how-to poster was refining the look and steps of the poster and then testing the poster on people who have never seen it before to see if they could follow the steps. I started the process with doing a little more research to find ways I could make my poster look more like a blueprint. After I did my research, I refined the look of my posters.
Once I had a refined poster to work with, I then took my posters into user testing to see if people could complete the steps.
Once I had done some user tests, I had some of the same errors coming up every time. I decided to take a break from testing at this point and start working on some refinements for my poster. I first started by changing the layout of the poster, and then I worked and fixing the steps.
With my new steps, I decided to do one last user test. The changes turned out to be incredibly successful!
For this upcoming week my plan is to work on the line quality of my steps and try adding a more subtle texture than what I tested earlier. I will then be able to print and mount the final product. Here is a bigger version of the current look of my design: