For this project I took 12 perspectives of a one of the pianos in the Romney building at BYUI. For taking the photos I didn’t use any equipment other than my camera. I did take the piano apart a little bit, such as lifting up the lid on the top to look at the hammers, and taking off the bottom panel above the pedals to see the strings.
For editing I did about the same thing on every photo. I used the curves, vibrancy, and selective color adjustment layers in Photoshop to touch up the lighting and colors on every photos. On the majority of the photos, I then made a new layer with all the edits on it and added an unsharpen filter. On top of that, I used the burn and dodge tools to adjust the lighting. For some of the photos I used a texture with the overlay feature and I adjusted the opacity. Some of the pictures also have an added burned edge effect to finish them off.
Thumbnails of edited photos:
Thumbnails of Original Photos:
I’m including these to show the difference in the edited images.
Textures used from textures.com: