- Description: A double sided folding brochure.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): For this project I started by planning out the layout for the brochure. Since I planed to make the black and white image overlap the seahorse, I had to figure out how to measure out everything so that it would line up perfectly. Just to note a side skill, I used algebra for this such as the midpoint formula to figure out where to place the image perfectly with the bleed (the bleed made the measurements a little more complicated so algebra helped there). After I had a layout, I set up my Adobe InDesign document with guidelines. I then edited the photos in Photoshop including making one image black and white and making a clipping mask of another. Once the images were ready I placed them in the InDesign document. I then created a logo in Adobe Illustrator and placed it into the InDesign document. Finally I added the text and did a text wrap it and added shadows. Once this was done I added crop marks for the diagonal cuts and exported the file with bleed crop marks for printing. Once printed I cut the completed project with an xacto knife and folded the brochure.
- Message: The message is to advertise an aquarium in Rexburg and the exhibits it has available, and especially the upcoming events and exhibits for summer 2015.
- Audience: People who like aquariums and live in the Rexburg area.
- Top Thing Learned: How to plan out a document front and back and implement that plan in InDesign.
- Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic using blue.
- Title Font Name & Category: Font: Rockwell Category: Slab-Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Font: Gadugi Category: Sans-Serif
- Word Count of copy: 277
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites):