Business Card (8.5 X 11 layout):
- Description: A similar business card and letterhead using a personal brand and logo.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I started this project by sketching out what I wanted my logo to look like. I then took a picture of my sketch and put it into Adobe Illustrator to trace with the pen tool. Once I had a logo, I imported it into Adobe Indesign to create the letter head and business card. For the letterhead I made the margins 0.5 inches and put grey lines along these to create the design. For the business card, I kept the line theme by putting the lines 0.125 inches from the edge. I then made the main text 8pt and my name 11pt on the back of the business card and the letterhead. For the front of the business card I made my name bigger and increased the kerning so that is aligned with “Web Design and Development.” I made the text grey to match the grey lines. Finally I made my name all caps with the text tool in Adobe Indesign.
- Message: The message of my business card and letterhead is my own brand as a web designer and developer with main contact information included.
- Audience: The audience is people who are making a website and need someone to help them or make it for them.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to make my own font using the pen tool in Adobe Illustrator.
- Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic color scheme using teal.
- Title Font Name & Category: Coolvetica – Sans Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Californian FB – Oldstyle